July 1st fell on a Monday this year so daddy had to go to work. We were both pretty sad about it. He had a dentist apt in the morning though so he got to hang around a little longer to eat breakfast pancakes with us!
Rowan had hers with strawberry jelly smeared on it, a yummy substitute for to the obnoxious amount of syrup momma poured all over hers. Mmmmm pancakes :)
Then we went on a walk around the neighborhood in the wagon. She waved at people getting in their cars to go to work, the construction men working on new homes and the garbage men making their rounds. She was feeling very social apparently.
Then we came home for an hour and half nap, both of us :) We coordinated to meet up with Katie and Leslie at Deanna Rose after naptime. Katie brought the twins and Les brought Lynley and two kids she was babysitting. That made for a slightly chaotic yet very enjoyable trip to the farm.
My best attempt at a group picture
Katie's best attempt at a group picture, slightly better
My best attempt at a group picture
Katie's best attempt at a group picture, slightly better
Then we tried going to Katie's house for a nap which was short but effective to last us for the rest of the day. We drove home and played in our new swimming pool and water table. After splashing for a bit, she caught sight of the taxi cab Aunt Dory got her and the mini water bottles in the back holders. She was content to just play with the water bottles after that. Weird kid :)
It was hot hot hot outside so we came in and got dressed. Then headed to another of Ro's favorite places, the library. She insisted on bringing her purse inside with us, it was cracking me up. Such a little lady.
On our way home from the library I wanted to get Rowan a special birthday treat. Since cake wasn't a huge hit, I thought she may enjoy something cold. So we popped into McDonald's for one of their soft serve ice cream cones. It was a hit! I think the cold on her ouchy gums felt good. I always order fries with my ice cream cone there and thought I could eat them while she was distracted with the ice cream. I turned around for one min and she had swiped one and was white-knuckling it, furiously sucking the salt off. I tried to retrieve it but it was a lost battle. So she celebrated with a glorious french fry and an ice cream cone :)
And this was the sight I saw when I opened the car door to get her out after our 5 min drive home from McDonald's....out :)
I tried cramming in a fun filled day for her and it appeared as though I succeeded. Happy Birthday Rowan McKinley, Momma and Daddy love you!!





















No comments:
Post a Comment