Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Rowan's 1st birthday party

Facts that sum up the birthday bash
 
1. This is a very loved little girl and we as a family are blessed to call such great people our family and friends.
 
2. The weather was unbelievably amazing with a high in the 80s. So our outdoor/garage overflow space was comfortable and perfect. We prepped thinking it was going to be unbearably hot and got a gorgeous day instead.
 
3. Matt was super dad, prepping the garage space to accommodate our guests, mowing the lawn, cleaning dishes, organizing the house, running errands, grocery shopping, and playing with his daughter while I ran around the morning of. What a guy.
 
4. We had two sets of families, our small group, my work friends and our high school/college friends attend. Around 40 people were invited, we had about 32 or so come. The other half of our small group was in Nashville on an awesome and much deserved vacation and my friend Katie and her boys were sick. We missed them but recognized how valuable and special they have been to our family this last year.
 
5. I made all the decorations besides a few poms I borrowed from Beth. My sister Amanda baked and decorated her smash cake and the big cake. They turned out perfect. I was impressed, everyone was impressed. Good work sis :)
 
6. Gina and I stayed up late prepping all the food, the most stressful part of any party for me, and we finished up the next morning. Surprisingly it wasn't as stressful as I anticipated and nothing went epically wrong.
 
7. We ran out of sangria and lemonade half way through the party...fail. We improvised and made it work though.
 
8. The cake eating was less than epic. She liked to smush is around but was in no means shoveling it in. Maybe the amount of sugar was too much, maybe she doesn't like cake and fits perfectly into our family or maybe she just doesn't know what she was missing out on. Whatever the case, she made a cute little mess and moved on to other snacks.
 
9. Rowan got so many generous gifts and has lots of new play clothes and toys now. She is the smallest person in the house but occupying the most amount of room.
 
10. Gina left her camera in Wichita on accident
 
11.Katie's husband BJ wins a super dad award himself. He drove their camera all the way up to our house so we could capture these pictures on something other than a phone camera or point and shoot.
 
12. I couldn't wait to post these so they are not edited in any way, Gina offered to edit them for us but I need to still send her a disk.
 
13. I took Zero pictures of the party, such is the mom role I suppose. Enjoy the photo roll
 
 













































 
 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh!

    1. Cute name blocks! ;)
    2. Love the Taxi!
    3. Please tell me more about your chalk board with chalk paint. I am obsessed and have a huge open space in my kitchen just begging for it.
    4. I didn't think I could love someone I've never met before but I love that little girl! I hope someday our little ones can meet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. We think they are cute too!
    2. Of course my Aunt Dory got her a personalized taxi complete with gas station to fill up. She is just cool like that
    3. I bought the chalkboard on amazon and the chalk ink at Hobby Lobby. There are different types but they all seem to produce the same results so I would go for the best deal you can find because they aren't cheap. I tried spray painting my own chalkboard with chalkboard paint and it was a fail. I couldn't ever get it to not look streaky and one of my attempts bubbled up. So I quit and just bought one. We love it in our kitchen
    4. Dylan is quite the heartbreaker himself, they would probably be great buds if we lived closer. I'm counting on them meeting at some point in their young lives! Good luck with all his party planning, I started early too :)

    ReplyDelete