Monday, August 13, 2012

A week with the Clarks

Matt's sister Kristen came into town with her husband and their two kids for a summer visit and to meet Rowan. Here are some highlights of their time here

LOTS of pool time. Hudson and Elizabeth and big enough to jump off the diving board now, Hudson mastered this without a floaty by the end of the week. What a big boy!


Rowan hung out poolside for twenty min long stretches, then went inside to cool off. This 100 degree heat was a killer and I couldn't get in the pool yet (6 weeks post pardum can't come fast enough!) so I was sweating it out with her. When we were outside we hung out on the covered swing in the shade.




We played with Nana and Papa's blocks building all sorts of castles.



We went to Deanna Rose and walked around one morning before it got too hot. Leslie and Lynley hung out during the days with us too, so it was all the cousins together!


This may be the cutest baby in a bathing suit I have ever seen. Topped off with the big dramatic derby-like hat she is sporting, I don't think I can handle it!


More fun at the pool celebrating all the August birthdays in the family. Here is Matthew and I's cheesecake his sisters made us....fabulous! 


Pictures with Nana and Papa and of all their kids.




We had so much fun with our cousins this week but it was tiring driving to Olathe every day to hang out. Rowan hasn't loved her carseat like I hear some babies do. She doesn't like being in that position when she is trying to poop or toot, which is most of the day. So I listened to her protest the whole 40 min drive out there most of the days we visited. It was not a relaxing way to start our day but once we were there she did fine and we enjoyed ourselves. I'm thankful she has cousins on one side of her family that are close in age to her. I never grew up with cousins close in age and always felt like I was missing out. Give her a few years and they will all being running around playing together. How fun :) Come visit again soon McElroy family, we love you!

1 comment:

  1. I bought hats like that from target and they're so big on Kennedy, too! Rowen is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete