So this year I got to celebrate Mother's Day with my baby in my arms instead of in my belly.
Grateful
Thankful
Full
Being a mom has required a lot more sacrifice than I expected. She has so many needs, takes up so much time and occupies space in my house, my mind and my heart. Life can't operate as it once did and assimilating her into our life requires great effort at times.
There are days
when I feel like hiding in my bed and pretending I don't hear her crying out at 6 am
when she doesn't nap all day and I do nothing but soothe an overly tired and irrational baby
when she refuses to eat things I have researched, prepped, made and worked hard to nourish her with
when she throws mini tantrums at getting her diaper changed or cleaning her face
when she clings and whines and cries for no apparent reason....
But then there are days
when she laughs at silly faces or sounds I make
when she prefers me to anyone else in the room if she is tired, scared, hurt or worried
when she smiles proud after learning a new trick or remembering something I've taught her
when she snuggles into me after nursing laying still and peaceful
when she lights up at a new toy or book or experience and I get to enjoy that awe with her
when I get greeted at the door with a big smile and arms outstretched
when all I can think is, I love this child, thank you for choosing me to be her momma.
And I know it's all worth it.
Here is a look at my day celebrating with my two favorite people who helped make my dreams of one day being a mommy a reality.
Looking like such a big girl here...
High fives
Feeling sand for the first time
Matt making some kid's day by throwing a football with him at the park. His kind spirit is so attractive.
Making me dinner...and buying me girly beer
Learning about rocks and dandelions

...And how we don't eat them

Going to feed the ducks
Breakfast Mother's Day morning :)
Rowan's print made in the nursery at church. I loved that they did something like this. Getting it made me feel like a real mom. Up on the fridge it went :)
I hope all my mom friends and family felt loved, appreciated and celebrated yesterday. Happy Mother's Day 2013!
























No comments:
Post a Comment