In October, we had a fun outing with Aunt Shelby to Deanna Rose Farmstead, a free children's petting zoo of sorts out in Olathe. The weather was beautiful and we were at home doing nothing, so we called up Shelby to have some fun. She is so good with Rowan and loves to spend time with her. She drives up to our house all the time to visit so it was about time we went her direction!
The pretty girls at the farm
I need more cow bell!
The goats were a favorite, she would stare at them walking around. A lot of the other animals weren't doing anything super fun and didn't catch her attention.
She laughed for the first time for me while we were there, so great. And Shelby heard it too as a witness. We had no clue what caused her to laugh so we couldn't recreate it when she was finished laughing, bummer.
Then we walked into the barn with a cow that was being milked and she lost it. For no reason at all she started shrieking and crying her painful cry. After trying to unsuccessfully console her we ran for the car. After changing her pants and pumping her legs a little she finally calmed. Our best guess was gas. Then we returned to the farm to walk around some more and she fell asleep in the butterfly garden. Minus the slight freakout we had such a good time.
Another week in October, Matthew, Rowan and I all drove to Topeka to watch Uncle Alex in a golf tournament. I was really nervous how she would do on the course, knowing that if she lost it, we would be disrupting play and making a scene as we ran for it. Much to my surprise she was amazing. We carted her around and got to watch him play the whole time. I took a break around hole 14 to go feed her in the car. I put her in the carrier for the last few holes and she was awake cooing and smiling. I had to stand back from where the boys were playing because of her cooing. Better than crying I guess :) I walked many rounds of golf this spring with Rowan in my belly, so it was neat to have her there watching Alex on the outside. Alex just accepted a scholarship to play golf at the University of Central Missouri after he graduates this spring. We are so proud of him and are pumped to continue to watch him play.
I think he enjoyed his little pint sized cheerleader



No comments:
Post a Comment