Sunday, June 24, 2012

Nine whole months

I can't believe it is June 24th! First of all it is Sutton's second birthday. Sutton is the son of my best friend from college, Gina. It is so weird to be bonded with a kid that isn't even yours. There is something special about knowing someone so well and then watching them go through major life changes. It feels almost as if it is happening to you too. I remember waiting, anticipating his arrival in the hospital, going crazy when I finally got kicked out of the room so she could get ready to push, pacing the hallways with her dad and happening to walk by the room right as he cried out. Her dad and I looked at each other and started jumping around and celebrating because we knew he had made his entry into the world! Such a cool moment.


And now, 2 years later, I am a day away from being 40 weeks with my own baby. According to my LMP, this baby will have been in me for 9 long months tomorrow. Sutton's birthday, in my head, has marked the start of her birthday week and it is finally here! I know she doesn't have to come this week, but this marks some kind of milestone it feels we have reached. I can't wait to see her and it feels so soon! Come out and get some snuggles baby girl, we all want to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment