First on the list is discuss middle names, we have yet to do...at all. We narrowed her name down to two but need some middle name options. After talking a little this morning, I see why people resort to using a common middle name like Ann or Marie, they go with almost anything! So efforts to find a "different" middle name are more challenging than previously assumed. All the more reason to jump on this.
Second, finish her room. I worked a lot on this yesterday and all I have left is to buy a picture frame and paint it and figure out what to fill her vases with that Aunt Amanda bought her. Matt needs to finish spray painting her lamp as well but that is not my stress so it is not on my radar. Her hoop project is finally done and I love it. My Nana made her a hoop for the piece and it turned out great. I just think it is so special to have something made just for her. We hung that and the vases yesterday and I stitched her picture frame finally. I also finished sewing her changing pad cover and the last of her headbands I had brainstormed.
Third, make dinners to freeze so I don't have to cook when we come home. If anyone knows me, they know I am no Betty Crocker and I HATE cooking. So while I am not super pumped to check this off the list, I know I will appreciate it after she's here.
Lastly, install the car seat, set up the pack-n-play and pack our hospital bag. We have the hospital bag started but it's hard to pack stuff you use daily. So we made a list to check off before we head to the hospital so we don't leave essentials behind.
In other news, I started my weekly appts this past week. I can't believe I go back tom again already. I got GBS tested so I will find out the results from that tom. I don't think I will get checked again. Rachel checked me last Monday and I was 1/2cm and still thick. She said from this point on, she will only check me if I want to be. I think I will wait one more week to be checked again, I would rather not know my progress than be disappointed by it. She cleared me to start taking evening primrose oil, which helps to soften your cervix and help you efface. She said she started taking it at 35 weeks and her daughter came at 38, it really worked for her. Some people take to it and it helps, others it doesn't, but it doesn't hurt to try. I also gained a few more pounds and my fundal height is measuring more on track. No need for another ultrasound to check on baby, which was good news to hear....although I do love seeing her move around :)
Here are some back dated pictures, sorry I have been slow to post them.
I had to take my own picture this week so this is balanced on a bunch of pillows on my bed, take #12 or something ridiculous. Also explains the crookedness. My head was not cut off so this was a success.
These next ones are from First Friday. Had to sneak one in this summer before baby arrives. Beth, Alicia and I had a fun girls night.
Imitating the zombies that showed up to the art shows. There were a ton of them parading down the street. Some parents even dressed their kids up...interesting.
Last stop of the night, Murrays for some ice cream. I got a root beer float, best decision I have made in awhile.
Next up was Pierce and Blaine's first birthday. These two are freaking cute and were in such a good mood all day for their party. They had a great showing for the much anticipated cake eating and Katie did a phenomenal job setting up their party. She even made their monkey cake! Everything was so cute. Super mom she is :)
And here is where we are to date. Finishing up week 37! I am feeling big and awkward officially. I know I am not huge but I have grown a lot in the past few weeks and I am for sure feeling it.
Cheese!
Look at those strips stretch...
Now I am off to be productive...I will make a post showcasing her nursery soon when we are all done!
Oh special shout out to my parents who are celebrating 29 years of marriage today. Happy Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa Springer!!
Thanks for giving me things to add to my list! Did not even think of making meals to freeze! :) Thank goodness for pinterest. You are looking great.
ReplyDelete