Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pintrest worthy

I don't even know where to start describing the amazing shower my sisters and Gina threw for us this weekend! I knew they had all been scheming and brainstorming fun ideas for awhile now but I never would have imagined it would come together so perfectly. From the beautiful color choices, to the crafty decorations, to the gourmet food, to the headband table, to the generous gifts....this was an epic shower. I was so humbled by the sacrifices of each hostess to give her time, creative talents and love in this way. I felt so loved and special. Thank you Amanda, Shelby, Kristen, Leslie, Emilee and Gina for everything, what a precious memory. 

I did not take my camera out once at the party and just enjoyed myself. So here is a preview of the party courtesy of Gina :)



My beautiful sister setting up her signs. Her graphic designs skills made this such a stylish party.



More of her handiwork



The main table


Leslie made the covered boxes and different yarn balls. Those yarn balls were so freaking cute. I will definitely have to try them out myself for a party I throw in the future. The combination of the tissue pom poms, tulle pom poms, hollow yarn balls and regular yarn balls was awesome. Then you add in all the yummo food. The mini cheesecake delights pictured below were my favorite, no surprise there. There were also fruit pizzas, fancy cupcakes, fruit and dip, hummus and chips, punch and sandwiches. Quite the spread, all delicious. Even the pitcher of water had strawberries floating in it. So fancy. Dork confession - I totally added my own strawberries to my refills of water because I felt so princess-y drinking them. Ha!

The main present opening area


The headband table...set up by Em and Shelb


Shelby had researched how to make bows and flowers online and instructed everyone in the headband making craft. She bought headbands online and a bunch of fabric to choose from. Les and Em picked up some decals and bling for accessories.



I don't have pictures of the finished products, I will have to post those later, but we got some really cute ones!


I took pictures with most of the guests before they left. I was glad I kept the party smaller and included just my closest friends and family. It was so intimate and special that way. Besides, both our families combined makes for a lot of people on it's own. I love having a big family.

My two best friends from high school Katie and Leanne. I love both of these girls and sharing life with them has been such a blessing over the years.


My friend Emily from nursing school. We became fast friends, I believe, because of our shared loved for Christ. We went on a medical missions trip to Honduras a few years ago together and really bonded over the work we did there. Her and her husband are expecting their first son in September and Matt and I are thrilled for them.


My best friend from work, Beth. She has been so encouraging and excited for us this whole pregnancy. Her support when I was sick at work my first trimester and not telling anyone yet was so much appreciated. She has been a big help with a lot of things these past 7 months and I am blessed to have a friend who cares so much about our little peanut and me.



The excited grandma and nana! So thankful to have these mommas steward me in becoming a mom myself. So many good lessons I have learned from them both. Our daughter will be blessed by their presence in her life just as Matthew and I have.



My Chicago family that made the trip down here to celebrate, my mom's mom and her sister Dory. It was so great they took time out of their busy lives to travel all this way. It meant a lot to have them here.


And finally the hostesses! All my seesters and Ginakins



What a wonderful day. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment