Up first on the fun agenda was Alex's regional golf tourney for high school. Me and baby went to go watch her uncle play some great golf and take 4th overall, coming in one under par. I haven't seen him play this consistent all season and it was nice to watch him have a successful day.
Look what a handsome uncle she has. When did he get so tall?!
On Sat I had my work shower, which I blogged about already.
On Sunday we had our church picnic and hung out with some of friends. Here is Daisy playing on the inflatables. She is rocking some adorable pigtails. Then we left the picnic to go play disc golf with Leanne and Curtis. I successfully completed all 18 holes at 34 weeks pregnant, that has to be a record or something. AND I actually played decent until the last 6 holes or so when I tuckered out. I was tied with Matt after 7 holes, which is pretty amazing for me. Forgot to grab a picture before we left though.
So to the flip side of things, wow has this week been no fun with pregnancy issues. Nothing out of the normal or really awful in the grand scheme of things but definitely no fun.
First off my sleeping was nothing more than cat naps all week. I worked 4 in a row and slept a total of 16 hours those days. Each day I was going to bed after work exhausted and waking up 2-3 hrs later wide awake. I could fall back asleep for about another hour or two but then I was up. I can run off 4 or 5 hours for one night when I am not pregnant but 3 days of bad sleeping and being pregnant is a terrible combo. I was dragging every night at work around 4am and the drive home was scary business. I have been calling my mom or Matt to keep me awake. This past week I was so tired talking to my mom that I started telling her all about a test Matt was getting ready to take for his master's degree. This is very interesting news because last I checked Matt was not in a masters program at all. I was totally sleep talking on the phone to her and making random stuff up. Oh boy.
The other problem I have been dealing with all week has been my skin, it's real bad again. That shot I took did wonders but it only lasts so long if you aren't keeping up with topical agents. I am so itchy all over. My face is a complete nightmare and the more aquaphor and lotion I put on it the more I break out. So I have lovely patches of extremely dry skin that are constantly flaking next to patches that are breaking out and pleading with me to stop drowning them in lubricants. I was awake one night this weekend for an hour fighting with the itchies. I woke Matt up to help me get my mind off it and sat there with ice packs on both arms and my face trying to numb away the itch. I am praying for a miracle because I don't think I can make it 5 more weeks like this. You are only suppose to get the steroid shot every 6 months so I am not anywhere close to that. My only saving grace is to start using the cream again, which is still not really safe for her. Blah
I was so grossed out by how I looked this week I didn't want to take our weekly pic. Matt made me pose though, saying it captures part of the experience. I tried telling him no one likes to have their picture taken when they feel/look gross but he didn't seem to care. He thinks she popped out more this week and wanted to document it. Fair enough but I was keeping the hat and putting make up on my acne. Lucky for you all my camera is not good enough to catch a lot of detail and you can't see how bad my skin really is.
Moving along to week 35, I hope it is more forgiving than this last week has been. I am keeping a list of things I am grateful for close by to maintain perspective in all of this. Itchiness and sleepiness are not the end of the world, although I can act like that sometimes. We have our appt. Wednesday with an ultrasound to see if she has migrated head down and to check how she is growing. We haven't seen her since we found out she was a girl so we are both pretty pumped!
No comments:
Post a Comment