Saturday, April 21, 2012

10 weeks left!

I wish I wasn't up right now typing this post but I totally got food poisoning tonight and have been up getting sick since 2 am....awesome. My tummy hurts bad every time I lay back down so I am trying to just stay distracted until I feel OK enough to sleep. Blah

Here is our pic from this week. I know I am in scrubs and it is not the best to show her off but this week Matt and I kept missing each other with our schedules overlapping at night. This was taken at 6:32 after I waited for him to get home from work and quick take our picture. (Side note, in order to get to work on time, I need to leave my house at 6:30....good). I never thought not having a photographer around would be the reason taking weekly pictures is so hard to do some weeks.

Baby Updates:

-She now can hiccup and likes to show off that new trick at inopportune times. When I am counting my babies HR at work and trying to focus or when I am trying to fall asleep seem to be her favorites. She first hiccuped over Easter weekend when we went to see the Hunger Games movie. I was so excited and it was "cute" then. The next time she got them was at Jose Peppers after the movie and Matt got to feel them. He denied there was any sort of rhythm to them and wasn't sold that's what they were. Time 3 and 4 finally convinced him. Time 5 is when I realized they weren't as cute as I previously thought and they were actually a bit annoying. They last a long time and I can't do anything to get rid of them. I try to poke at her or say loud noises but neither of those have proven to be effective. So I am changing my thought process to be appreciative when she hiccups because I know she is doing alright in there. Easier said than done but that is my goal.

-She is moving, a lot. Before this week I got a lot of jabs and kicks, now I am getting whole stomach rolls as she is playing around. She sticks out little body parts and you can feel her much more defined now. I try to guess what I am feeling but I am probably totally wrong. I would love to see an US of her as she is moving so I can see what I am feeling. My mom and I were joking last week that it would be cool to have a Teletubby belly with a TV screen to view her through. Just the belly though, not the creepy antenna. (Can you name all four?....I sadly enough can. I will blame that on a lot of babysitting. I know the theme song is now playing in some of your heads, I am talking to you Amanda :))

-Peeing is a new highlight to my day. It is like my bladder fills up and causes her to rise up in my chest. Then I go potty and she can sink back down into my pelvic region and I can breath again. I imagine it feels like she is riding a slow elevator up and down in there all day long.

-It is officially a chore to put on my ted hose before work now. I have to lay on my back in bed and struggle like a helpless turtle. It has to be the most pathetic site ever. Matt has offered to help but they are so tight, his help is more awkward than anything else. I have to carve out an extra 5 min in my getting ready routine just for those puppies.

-After last week I have a hopeful confirmation that we will have success breastfeeding. That is all I will say about that.

-We picked a Pediatrician, made decisions about vaccinations and began the discussion of what I want to do with my work schedule after my 12 week break with her.

Our first shower is this weekend with our small group friends. It is actually a joint shower weekend, as we will be also celebrating with Ingrid for her upcoming wedding in July. It will be great to spend time with our friends and have space carved out to remember the blessings of marriage and parenthood that we have been given.


One final happy to leave you with. The weather has been awesome this spring and I have now been fully enjoying my favorite chore again. No jokes here, I love laundry and I love our clothesline. The stump of a tree and fallen trunk next to is our former clothesline tree that was cracked in a micro burst last year. Matt and his cousin fixed a new line to its neighbor tree about a month ago and I have been Suzy Homemaker-ing it up around here ever since. It's pretty great we back up to a forest and have no neighbors because I would be lying to say the KS wind has never taken some of my undies and flung them into our side yards. :) Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment