Not the best quality picture, but a picture non-the-less! One baby who is good sized and moving around! And we got to see baby's heartbeat flicker on the screen which was also surreal. She put the print out pictures in my hand and it was such a weird feeling to look down and think, "That baby is ours." I have held so many friend's US pictures, it was just so crazy to be holding my own.
We scheduled our next appt. and left with tons of freebies and swag. To the point where I was a little overwhelmed. My coffee table already looks like this from books, gifts and information friends already gave us.
Now I have a whole bag of more pamphlets, workbooks, formula and vitamin samples and so on. So much stuff! I am thankful for all the gifts we have been given. We have some wonderful friends who have jumped in to celebrate and support us and it has been such a blessing.
On a bummer note, my sickness is back. :( It was so wonderful to have some relief but it almost hit worse than that first week this time around. I have been up at night unable to sleep because I feel so sick and then my whole day is just thrown off. Praying again for relief heading into the holiday week with family in town. Speaking of that, only 3 more days until we tell our families! I am SO excited! We both have siblings that live farther away and can feel left out of the the loop with things so it was important to us to tell everyone in person at the same time. Obviously if that couldn't have been arranged than we would have told anyway but we lucked out by having everyone of our siblings in town this year for Thanksgiving. This has not happened on Matt's side for years. So with that opportunity we are sharing the news with both sides on Thanksgiving. This has been one of the most hardest parts of this first trimester so far. We have seen both our families numerous times since we found out and have had to put on a happy face and pretend I don't feel like barfing every 5 min. But I know the wait will be worth it when everyone knows and there is no pretending anymore. So here is to celebrating and being thankful this year for the many blessings in our lives!
so much swag : ) I love you Rachael and Matt and I cannot be more excited for the two of you and little baby Malachi!! I'm going to get on Etsy right now : )
ReplyDelete