Monday, June 3, 2013

Eleven Months Old

This is the last monthly post before I have a one year old...cue minor emotional breakdown. I just can't believe she is this old. These past two months have been my favorite stage of this first year so far though. She can communicate so much better with us, is learning new tricks everyday and has such a bubbly personality.



-At 10 1/2 months she officially started walking, as in taking off down the hall exploring, wobbling up and down our driveway and making a full circle around our island without falling. She is legit. I am actually ok with this because now she can be independent outside and not scrape her knees or drag her dresses through the dirt. Being upright also keeps things out of her mouth that she would normally find on the floor. Even though it is a sad milestone because it makes her feel less like a baby, it is also an exciting one.

-She has added all done, book, shoes and sometimes please to her list of signs she can do. Books, shoes, more and clapping all look alike though so you have to take them in context.

-She now loves her shoes. She will see them from across the room, walk over to get them, bring them to you and sit on the floor so you can put them on her feet. If you don't she tries to touch them to her feet as if she is putting them on and then gets frustrated. I have had to keep them out of sight in the house otherwise she would wear them all waking hours I'm sure.






-She also loves rocks. We have been working on that sign a lot. She will find a palm-sized rock and carry it around for an indefinite amount of time. We have been saying over and over, rocks are for throwing not for eating so she doesn't inspect them with her mouth. Matt and I agreed that may come back to haunt us as we unteach that but for now it is keeping her from choking. We needed to replace eating with an action she was at least excited about and throwing does the trick.

-She likes to throw anything really, and has a good arm. She throws on command and loves to play with balls. I will credit dad with this since their playtime consist of a lot of ball throwing.

-She is starting to not hate hats but it is still a chore to keep them on for an extended period of time.







-She now eats a lot less milk. Anywhere from 3-4 oz 4x a day and my pumping has reflected that. I tried cutting back a little on how much food she was eating but it hasn't made a huge difference. She also has been teething these past 2 weeks so her appetite is down from that as well. The one perk is I don't have to supplement her night time feed anymore so I can nurse her to bed again. I like that feeding a lot so that makes me happy.

-She popped her second tooth through around Alex's graduation. It is the other bottom middle tooth. It is set back a little though so they are crooked now. Cute little snaggle toothed baby, you probably inherited my crazy teeth. I have really noticed this month how cranky you are when teething. We will have back to back days of fussy, clingy, sad Rowan. Ice teethers, cold foods, and ibuprofen on occasion are no match for chewing on your blanket and having your binky.

-She has been on a great napping streak lately. Her morning nap on average has been 2 hours long and her afternoon nap is another hour. It makes up for her new wake up time of 6 am, sometimes if we are lucky 5:45.

-She has taken a liking to her stuffed animals and baby as you will see them make some cameos in her pictures. She likes to carry them all over the house and give them slobber kisses.






-She went swimming in the pool for the first time this month and she has loved playing in the sprinkler/hose water when we water momma's flowers. This makes me excited it is summer and we can explore all things water related.

-If she wants something now she will clap her hands together signing more and reach for the object. If you don't respond she starts stretching really far for the object to the point of straining sometimes, it cracks me up how passionate she can be about something very silly like a towel or block.

-The most sweetest thing she started doing this month is leaning in for kisses. She will put her mouth on your nose or your lips and just touch them and hold for a sec before pulling away. She makes no kissing noise or motion, just a touch. But if you ask for a kiss and she isn't being stubborn, she will come over and give you one.

-New favorite books of the month include "Hippo says Excuse Me" and "Oink -a- dooldle -moo." She loves when we say excuse me in a really high voice and when we say psss, I have a secret. Both quotes from those books. She giggles and makes us read them over and over.






-We have officially taken away the baby bath tub and she sits in the bottom of the tub now. We have to remind her to sit down like a million times a bath but she fights us less not being contained. She crawled and slipped a bit this past week getting a big gulp of water. It totally freaked her out even though she was fine but I have noticed she has listened more to me since then.

-We like to take trips to the mailbox. She will push her walker all the way down the street into the caul-de-sac where our community mailbox is. Then we get out the key and talk about how we are mailbox 8. Then we open up our magic mailbox door and poof....fun papers inside to tear up, crunch and eat. It's heaven :)

-We are on settings 1-2 on her fuzzi bunz waist elastic and 2-3 on her leg elastic. She wears tops from 6 mo to 12 mo with the 9 mo ones probably fitting her the best. Her bottoms are all 12 mo to 18 mo d/t her diaper butt. I love having her in dresses all the time, they are so easy and our diapers never leak onto them. We actually have had much more luck with diapers not leaking at all lately, I don't know if she fits into them better right now or what but I can't remember the last leaky outfit I changed. I just bought her a reusable swim diaper for the summertime.

-"Up high" means high five and you will give these out often now. Dad is still working on pound it








-You like to help me with whatever chore I am doing so I just make your own miniature version of it so you can participate. You get your own basket with some socks to play with when I do laundry and you busy yourself taking them out and throwing them back in. You got your own bucket of water and a washcloth to play in when I washed the car with my soapy bucket. You get a mixing bowl and some spatulas when I cook to mix your own imaginary food...or actually just to clang around and make noise. You get a dry towel to clean the counters/table/floor when I use the cleaning solution. You are a big helper. It takes me twice as long to do everything supervising you but at least we get things done some days.

-You love your owl pillow that you got from Easter, I think it's because it has big eyes that catch your attention. You pick him up, put him on your chair, climb into the chair, kick him off and repeat. Speaking of your chair, the little pink rocking chair great grandma Lois got you is officially a hit too. You will climb onto it now and sit on the arm rests, stand on it and bang the wall or sit on the cushion and "rock". The rocking ends up with your feet touching the floor and your bottom bouncing on the seat.

-You have more patience for puzzles and thinking toys. You recently discovered your box with the shape cut outs and will sit with me while we talk through which hole each shape goes into. Then you work at fitting the shape in. You did all 10 shapes, dumped it out and did them all again last night. That is the longest I have seen you focus on something intentionally that makes you think that hard.

I think that is most of the updates I can think of. We have had a streak of cold cloudy weather here so the pictures this month were a little dark d/t lack of natural lighting. You still look adorable in your little yellow outfit. Love you sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment