Kansas City got dumped on this last week. It was the biggest snowstorm we have had in a few years. I worked round one of the storm and had to stay at a hotel downtown in between my shifts because the roads were too bad to drive on. The hospital was worried if anyone left they would not make it back and the people that didn't work the day before would be snowed into their homes and not able to make it in at all. The hotel was super nice and my work paid for everything but it was sad to not be home with Matt and Rowan. I didn't sleep that great either because I.... 1 -Was waking to pump every 3.5 hrs, 2 - Was in a different environment and was worried I wouldn't wake up to foreign alarms, 3- There was a dog locked in the room next to mine that kept barking off an on. As if I didn't love animals to begin with. I was very weary at the end of it all and so thankful I was not scheduled during round two of the storm.
Here are some pictures that we got out a took over the span of last week. We still have so much snow everywhere, it is just crazy.
Rowan's tree in the backyard, holding strong and no broken branches!
Daisy gave us her old snowsuit and we finally pulled it out and put it to good use. This is one of those things I would never buy her but it was so nice to have for the random few days of snow. Thanks Steensons!
I just plopped her straight into a snow drift , she was very leery of it all.
There is a smile!
Confused as to where her hands were and why she couldn't move anything :)
When I take video, I just need to shut up and record. Instead I say dumb things like feets and feets of snow....really Rachael. Geez. Here is Rowan taste testing snow out. She has been loving those ice teethers so I thought she would enjoy cold snow, not so much.
I have always loved playing in the snow and am slightly disappointed we haven't gone sledding yet. With a baby though, you obviously can't stay out too long and I didn't want to sled by myself with Matt and Rowan inside. I'm sure there will be many years of snow sledding to come as Rowan gets bigger so I will just have to be patient.
No comments:
Post a Comment