As of the start of 2013, I now have a 6 month old...crazy. We rang the New Year in with some RSV but have triumphed and are back to healthy again. Thank goodness. We appreciated all who prayed for Rowan to get better faster! ( We took these pictures while still not feeling good, so we made sure she napped and had a full belly before we attempted. Not as many smiles from the recovering baby but still some keepers)
-The last month was a huge gross motor skill month for her. She now independently sits and I am surprised how quickly she became steady. She also started pulling her knees up under her belly like she wants to get up on all fours and crawl away. Not yet please... She can wiggle herself in a 360 degree circle when playing, reaching for toys and such and she can scoot backwards. She still rolls but hasn't used that as a means of transportation yet.
-She also loves to stand and has finally figured out that she can bounce when she bends her legs. The Johnny Jump Up is now a bigger hit. She also got an exersaucer from Nana and Papa for Christmas that we just assembled and I am curious to see what she thinks of that.
-She really dropped off eating when she was sick but is back to her schedule of 6-10-1:30-5-7. I want to make the push for every 4 hour feedings for 4 feeds a day, but she wakes up too early (or goes to bed too late) to make that work quite yet. I think she could last that long in between feeds because she does that sometimes now. She usually takes around 5-6 oz of food but her before bedtime and wake up feeds can be up to 8 oz. I have been struggling to make that much in such a quick turn around time at night so some nights I have to feed her a bottle of what I have pumped after she is done breastfeeding. That has been a little discouraging for me because I love to nurse her to sleep at night.
-We transitioned her into size 3 diapers at night although they are huge on her. We ran out of size 2 and she was close to the weight limit of size 3 so we just went for it since we had a box already. Still the same settings on her cloth diapers.
-We made some baby food for her in anticipation of starting that around Christmas. We made sweet potatoes, carrots and pears. It was surprisingly very easy for this mama who hates to be in the kitchen and it was rewarding to see all the ice cube trays filled up. We looked into baby led weaning after talking about it with some friends but decided not to do it exclusively. Selfishly I was kinda pumped to feed her baby food. But we will let her have at it with some food on her baby tray as well. She tried sweet potatoes first and has done great with them so far. More on that in another post.
-She has begun attempts to make noises other than laughing and crying. The sound you make when blowing raspberries is what she seems to be working on now.
-Her favorite toy addition has been a box with sorting blocks. She likes to dump all the shapes out and bang the box on the floor.
-We are trying to still lay her down for 3 naps a day but she fights us off and on. She usually takes at least one really long nap. She always wakes up screaming and crying. You pick her up and then lay her on the changing table and she cries more. I wish she would wake up happy or playful but that is just not her.She needs a few minutes to wake up and get some snuggles before she will pass out smiles.
-When she nurses she likes to put her hand up in the air and touch all over my face, esp my mouth. She would put her hands in my mouth all the time if I let her.
-Still wearing the same size clothes, mostly 6 month things but some 9 month pants fit more comfortably. She still wears a few 3-6 month onsies and dresses.
-She recognises when Matt and I leave the room now while she is playing and most of the time she cries out for us to come back. It is sweet she knows us and wants us but I also hope she is not too clingy and likes to play by herself some. That may be too much to ask at her age, I don't really know.
Rowan, you are half way to a year! You are getting more and more fun and life is finally starting to feel normal with the three of us around. We love you sweet girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment